Suggestion about how to create an online form

Suggestion about how to create an online form

by Mari Cruz García -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I have been asked to create an online form for our dissertation students that they would have to complete after every supervision progress report meeting.

It is basically a questionnaire, but the difference is that, once students have submitted, the supervisor may be able to edit some fields as well as add comments. Every student can only see their own entries.

I thought of trying the Database activity of Moodle, as well as the enhanced version, Dataform, https://moodle.org/plugins/search.php?s=dataform

The dataform is a release candidate and I have spotted a couple of problems in the testing, so I prefer not to use it.

My problem with the database activity in Moodle 2.2 is that it is a complete nigthmare to update or modify fields within the different templates (Add a new entry/View List/View Single, etc). The templates section in Moodle 2.2.4 is absolutely rubbish: nothing works as it should and it takes me ages to go through all the different templates when I add or modify a field.

Because I am desperate, I thought of creating my online form in Moodle:

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Form_API

but I don't understand this bit:

Then instantiate form (in this case simplehtml_form) on your page.

What does it mean: 'on your page'? Do I need to create a blank html page in the moodle core code?

Any advise is very welcome.

Thank you very much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Suggestion about how to create an online form

by Mari Cruz García -

What I am looking is really something like the ILP of the ULCC, but it is only available for Moodle 2.5

In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Suggestion about how to create an online form

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You comment about Database Mod is not fair.

The Database is the GREATEST feature of Moodle.

No any other LMS or CMS has a better Database feature in the world.

The database can do anything you want to do. As long as you got first one done, then you will love it.

To start, use the gallery preset comes within Moodle, then modify it to what you need.