I can't login to bug tracker

I can't login to bug tracker

by Teemu Sumi -
Number of replies: 3

I can't login to bug tracker. I can't even create a new account. Nothing happens when I press "Create new account" after I have filled those three fields. Nothing happens if I press "Email password".

Teemu

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teemu Sumi

Re: I can't login to bug tracker

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Teemu,

doesn't it (after filling your email and, optionally, your first and last name and press the "Create Account" button) show you a "Thanks for creating an account. Check your email for your password" ?

I've tested it just now and I've received the email with the password.

Anyway, looking for users in the bug tracker, I've found one account (I've sent you the login privately), created two years ago with the same email address that you have here. So, if you enter such login and simply click over the "Email Password" button, you'll receive your password...sure!

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Teemu Sumi -
There's a field which says "email" but you must fill "username". So that was the problem. Now it works. Email Password and create a new account still don't work.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ah, I had the same problem some weeks ago!

It seems that, old accounts in the bug tracker were username/pass defined whereas it was changed to email/pass instead some time ago.

I remember me typing my email/pass trying to login (or to use the email password feature) a lot of times until I discovered it.

So, just now, some registered users (older) continue using the username and other (newer) have to use the email.

Anyway, it's mandatory for new accounts being created to use the email (and it is working just now).

Ciao smile