Enrolment

Picture of Michael Negri
Automatic enrolment in courses when creating account

Dear all,

I am not too experienced in working with moodle and need your expert knowledge. I am wondering if it is possible to assign new accounts to certain courses automatically when the accounts are created. More concretely: When creating an account for our moodle plattform, people have to state, which city they are from (I addet this additional field manually). What I want moodle to do is to assign all people from let´s say Munich to a certain course, or certain courses without manual interaction.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

Thanks for your advice!

Best regards

Michael

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Automatic enrolment in courses when creating account
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

There is a plugin out there called Autoenrol cohort which will automatically put people in cohorts dependent on a field.  You could then just use cohort enrolment to have them automatically be added to the courses that you need.

Picture of Michael Negri

Thanks for your help! I downloaded, installed and activated the plugin. However, I am wondering how to make things work.

When going to the settings page of Auto enrol, I get lost. Let´s assume the following example: I want to assign all people coming from a certain location (e. g. London) plus a certain school (e. g. elementary school) to a certain course in moodle. How does this work?

I set up mandatory custom fields for the creation of new accounts which give me the information mentioned above. For every custom field, moodle gives me two templates:

%profile_field_raw_Location and %profile_field_Location

plus

%profile_field_raw_School and %profile_field_School

What do I have to do with the field "Main template. 1 template per line." and what to do with "Replace array. 1 value per line, format: old_val|new_val"

How is the exact snytax?

Where do I find these new cohorts and how to enrol them in specific courses?

Thanks for your advice!

Picture of Michael Negri

No ideas how to solve the problem?