Moodle documentation: Top Level Use Case

Moodle documentation: Top Level Use Case

by Jorge Sousa -
Number of replies: 13

Hello.

Does anyone could give a hint... how to find the top level use cases of moodle and the class driagrams(uml)???

I appreciate a lot who could give me a small clue.

Thank you for your time.

Jorge

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorge Sousa

Re: Moodle documentation: Top Level Use Case

by Timothy Takemoto -
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Jorge Sousa -

First of all i would like to appreciate your kindness to answer.

That link have the cross reference of the php of the moodle.

So that could give a little help but... doesn't have the Use Cases and the diagram of moodle.

Cheers.
In reply to Jorge Sousa

by carla sousa -

hi.. i've read your post..

i'm interessed in the use cases of moodle.

Did you get them? If so, where? Please answer soon..

Thanks..

In reply to carla sousa

by nong thuy -
Hello, I'm interested in uml diagrams for Moodle, too. I am working on Moodle structure to presentation for my project.
If you have anything in this field, please send to me.
thank you so much.
In reply to nong thuy

ตอบ: Re: Top Level Use Case

by Chadarat P. -

Me too, I'm interested in UML. Please suugest to me.

Thank you (happysario@gmail.com)

In reply to Jorge Sousa

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Interesting, I was curious about what a UML diagram was all about. I ended up on Wikipedia and then following the external links that went to developers.com. There was a lesson on Creating Use Case Diagrams and page 4 used an example of Course Management Software which had a picture. I have not seen that sort of thing in MoodleDocs, but I don't go to the developer's name space very much.

Sure sounds like you need a hint to answer an open ended question that a professor might ask a student. Good thing I know nothing, so can not even give a useful hint. My question is not where, but who is going to add this to MoodleDocs big grin. Volunteers?

I would be interested in how many robust Open Source programs devote paid and or volunteer resources to developing UML diagrams? And if so, how deep do they go?

Thanks for all the posts. Once in a while it is great to think about Moodle in a different way.

Best Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
dia is an open source drawing program for drawing UML diagrams. When I studied an OU course about object oriented software design, I used it on my Mac instead of the Windows-only software they supplied. dia is not quite as good as Microsoft Visio, but is is not much worse.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Oh boy this is an interesting thread! By the way I believe dia could be found at here:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/

Here at SFSU we are in the process to generate "use cases" based on a modified template which we found from here:

http://www.technosolutions.com/use_case_template.html

We hope to be able to establish a more systematic QA process for our future build, which we believe that a good "use case" documents would be very helpful. Will keep everyone updated. smile

Wen

In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Chris Collman -
Thanks for the links. I would like to see an example in a Moodle Context. Just curious, I am different type of documentor smile

Best Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Hi Chris, attached please find some examples of the use cases that we are building. The idea is that we want to build "use cases" (note: NOT "test cases") from user's perspective that could be applied with different versions of moodle. Then, from these "use cases", we could then derive "test cases." The test cases should then cover three different axis:

1. [DB size] Amount of data in the moodle database. this usually means the total amount of data in the system:
  1. The size of the MySQL DB
  2. The /moodledata size (e.g. a lot of uploaded files, user files, etc.)
2. [Course size] Course size (related to number of resources available, activities, # of quiz attempts, etc., in ONE course). We further break it down to:
  1. Large course
  2. Regular-sized course
3. [User/System] # of concurrent (simultaneous) users doing all kinds of activities

Probably should elaborate more in the QA/Testing forum. But would love to get moodler's feedback/input on this approach. smile

In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Chris Collman -
Thanks for the examples.
I will take a look later, used up my lunch break today smile

I will definately give you some feed back. As I mentioned, I am not a developer but more an end user mentor of the interface. And I know that feedback is a good thing.

Best Chris