Badges and html5

Badges and html5

by Hugh Edwards -
Number of replies: 3

Hello fellow forummers

Im having trouble getting my HTML 5 course to have badges assigned to the users once they have completed it. I have checked and the settings identical as my scorm course which will assign badges, but it just isn't happening. 

As you can see from this image below line 4 has completed the course and I've run the cron job but it won't give me a badge where the other course will. 

Can anyone give me any pointers? I can only think its a html5 issue. sad

ps using v 2.5.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugh Edwards

Re: Badges and html5

by Hugh Edwards -

Ok. So in the interests of public knowledge, I found out the problem. It was twofold. Firstly, my cron job wasn't working properly, and secondly, in the Course>Administration>Course Completion settings, there is a pulldown which is only editable if you click the 'Unlock Completion Options and Delete User Completion Data' button, in the General section.  

This was set to "Course is complete when ALL of the conditions are met"

...and I had more than one option selected, so once set to 'Course is complete when ANY of the conditions are met' it works fine and I get the badge. smile

Tenacity rules. smile 

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Yuliya Bozhko -

Hi Hugh,

Good to know that you sorted it out! smile I was wondering myself if the badges were not being awared because course is not marked as completed (based on the screenshot you posted).

Yuliya

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Ah good catch. First thing I noticed was that line 4 did not actually complete ALL like it says.