Lesson Essay Grading Error: Cannot Find Grades

Lesson Essay Grading Error: Cannot Find Grades

by Yogesh Nahar -
Number of replies: 7

Hey Moodlers,

Moodle v2.1.2

I am noticing a strange issue in the 'Grade Essays' tab of the lesson module. I have a lesson module setup with 2 separate essay questions. I am able to grade the essays for few students, but for one student I am able to grade one essay but when trying to select the grade from the drop-down list for the 2nd essay and entering 'Save Changes', I get this message:

Error: Cannot find grades

If some one could please point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I am assuming there ya disconnect between the essay submission and the gradebook table. Please advice!

Yogesh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yogesh Nahar

Re: Lesson Essay Grading Error: Cannot Find Grades

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Yogesh,

This may appear too simple and straight, but please do check whether you have missed out setting the score for the second essay.

Errors may also be generated if the users’ attempts are not submitted correctly. So do not rule out this possibility as well.

Let me know if this works for you.

Have a nice weekend smile

Purnendu

DualCube 

In reply to Yogesh Nahar

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is strange, there is no "Cannot find grades" error message in the Lesson activity module (nor anywhere else in Moodle, in fact.) Are you using the English language or your own language and "translating" an error message from your language into English?

Can you provide a screenshot, please?

Joseph

In reply to Yogesh Nahar

by Cameron Campos -

Did you solve this problem - I am having the same issue.

In reply to Cameron Campos

by Henrieta Mikleova -

We have the same issue in Moodle v2.5.4. 

It was working without any problem in Moodle v2.5.3.

Attachment Error.png
In reply to Henrieta Mikleova

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Henrieta,

Thanks for providing a screenshot of the exact wording of the error message you are getting, that's helpful. That's what I had asked of the original poster (Yogesh Nahar) but he never took the trouble to answer. It makes me slightly irritated when I ask people some questions in order to help them and, instead of answering, they simply "vanish". And we do not know whether their problem is solved or not.sad

Anyway, the current problem is that I cannot reproduce the bug you describe. Could you please provide a detailed scenario. The original poster said that the bug happened "for one student", but not for "all". Is it the same for you?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Henrieta Mikleova -

After some extensive testing, we discovered that the error is thrown only when the student DOES NOT COMPLETE a lesson attempt ONLY IN IE8. When he does not complete it in Firefox or Chrome, the attempt is not shown in the Grade essays tab - this is the expected behavior I guess.

This only happens in the version 2.5.4 (which we are currently testing), in 2.5.3 (on our production site) it works well even in IE.

Thank you very much for your help!

In reply to Henrieta Mikleova

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks for the detailed report, Henrieta! This is really weird. You say you are currently testing version 2.5.4. Why not go for the latest stable current version available, 2.6?

Joseph