Which role is suitable for management committee's members

Which role is suitable for management committee's members

by M Adil Mazhar -
Number of replies: 8

I've to create a new role for School Management Committee. This committee includes some teachers, parents & others. I just want to give them access to see all types of reports & results. I dont want them to access any other feature/activity in moodle.

Moreover atlast I've to bulk import these users (in csv format) as have a long list of members of that committee. So please suggest that:

• Which role should i give them? i.e. Manager? Non-Editing Teacher? Guest? or any other?
  • How can i bulk import these users (preferably using csv format)?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to M Adil Mazhar

Re: Which role is suitable for management committee's members

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi

You can create a custom role and edit his capability according to your need.

For bulk importing users you can use bulk upload users option in moodle http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Upload_users

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by M Adil Mazhar -

Sakshi Goel thanks a lot!

whats about non-editing teacher? as i can easily bulk import users having role of non-editing teacher as type "3" in csv format...

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi

Its better to duplicate the non-editing teacher role and rename it what you like and hide the capabilities which you do not require save it. Then assign this role to users.

Becoz changing in the default role can sometimes not a better solution.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by M Adil Mazhar -

Thanks again for ur reply!

feeling bit confused to know that "changing in the default role can sometimes not a better solution.can you please share how it is not better? 

Actually i was going to rename non-editing teacher and its capabilities, etc without duplicating...

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by M Adil Mazhar -

Ok But which "type id" is used for duplicate of non-editing teacher?

As type value 1 is default course role, 2 is legacy Teacher role and 3 is legacy Non-editing Teacher. So, what if i create a duplicate role of non-editing teacher?

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi

Changing the default role is not good because if you want to check in future what are the default permissions for a non-editing teacher. How you can check you need to reset it , which lost all changes you made to it.

To check the role id suppose you created a management role, click on it then in the browser you will get a URL for example http://localhost/moodle/admin/roles/define.php?action=view&roleid=11 . In the last of that you will see roleid=11 so in this case 11 is the id.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by M Adil Mazhar -

Really nice replies @Sakshi. Yes Thanks a lot!