Moodle Mobile Build using build.phonegap.com

Moodle Mobile Build using build.phonegap.com

by Atif Rasheed -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I have tried to build Moodle Mobile app using phonegap cloud builder (build.phonegap.com). It works fine except I am unable to open files and videos. App in the play store just opens up the PDF using PDF viewer or video using a default video player but when I try to do it in my custom build I see a broken link in a child browser. 

I have seen a post where it's mentioned that phonegap build is not support right now but today I saw an update in git-hub repo where "Add Phonegap build support for webintent" mentioned against config.xml so I thought it's supported now smile

Please confirm if it's supported now or we still have to use cordova and in that case it didn't work with corodova-3.0 so perhaps have to try some older version like 2.7 which was mentioned somewhere in the manual. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Atif Rasheed

Re: Moodle Mobile Build using build.phonegap.com

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes, WebIntent plugin (for opening files in Android) is supported by PhonegapBuild but right now is not working (I've opened a bug)

The plugin authors seems to be away, so I'm going to create a new plugin AndroidIntent for replace the WebIntent one

So right now, you have to build for Android using Eclipse or using this method;

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_Automatic_Building_System

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle Mobile Build using build.phonegap.com

by Atif Rasheed -

Thanks for the update Juan. We finally did it using Eclipse. Appreciate your help.