Quiz

Moodle 2.5.2, no Quiz timer displaying.

Picture of James McLean
Moodle 2.5.2, no Quiz timer displaying.
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Folks,

Is anyone else on 2.5.2/.3 at all, and experiencing issues with the Quiz timer not appearing at all? Additionally, the quizzes are not submitting automatically when 'time' runs out - but that makes sense if there is no timer counting down!

We've checked this in multiple environments, local, dev, test, production and none have a quiz timer when a time limit is enabled, in either preview mode or when attempted by a student.

Checked JS console when loading the page - no errors or warnings. Changed back to standard Moodle supplied theme, no change.

I have also checked in a 2.3 environment we have, where it works as expected.

I can't see any bugs covering this in the tracker at the moment.

Happy to lodge a bug if anyone else is encountering this problem - otherwise if no one else is, it must be something unique to our environment.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Moodle 2.5.2, no Quiz timer displaying.
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

I just tried on the sandbox site demo.moodle.org which is running  2.5.2+ (Build: 20130913) and I did see the timer fine -would you like to try on there as well to compare and contrast with yours?

Picture of James McLean
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks for the suggestion Mary. It indeed works OK there. We've since located the cause of our issue - and Core was not at fault as suspected.

Picture of David .

Hi James,

I have the same problem, how do you solve it? in the firebug console i get some javascript error:

TypeError: M.core_question_flags is undefined on /mod/quiz/attempt.php?attempt=18518 line 127

EDIT: Purging the cache solved my issue.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of James Henestofel

Moodle 2.4.4 (Build: 20130513)

I had this same issue as well.  Purging the cache seemed to solve my issue as well.