Multiple Dependencies

Multiple Dependencies

by Dane Burden -
Number of replies: 2

I would like to add multiple dependencies to a multiple choice, multiple answer feedback quiestion. For example:

(CertLevel) What level are you?

• Trainee
  • Level I
  • Level II
  • Level III

Would like trianing on... (CertLevel->trainee, level I)

• Yes
  • No

Is this multiple dependencies currently possible on moodle 2.5?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dane Burden

Re: Multiple Dependencies

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Dane,

you could just try the following setup:

Q1:
What level are you
- Trainee
- Level I
- Level II
- Level III

-----------pagebreak-----------

Q2.1
Would like trianing on CertLevel->trainee --> depends on Q1:Trainee
Yes
No

Q2.2
Would like trianing on CertLevel->level I --> depends on Q1:Level I
Yes
No

Best regards
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Multiple Dependencies

by Dane Burden -

This is because moodle will report the same question(s) as two individual categories. I would like to get a global idea of what training people would like and as such need to avoid asking the same question multiple times.

The reason I am looking for dependencies is because I don't want to ask every person taking the survey every question but rather tailor the questions to a specific level. Unfortunately the questions have relevance in trainee and level I categories.

I have found a basic work around but if forces everyone to be asked a base set of questions then at the end expands on that based on if they are certified at all.

I think the option for multiple dependencies would be a nice features in the feedback activity and allow a more tailored or branched set of questions.