No option for "Questionnaire Type"

No option for "Questionnaire Type"

Steve Taylor -
Number of replies: 4

I've seen lots of references to being able to set a questionnaire to be either private or public, but I don't see that option on my settings page. (I do see an option to choose an existing public questionnaire.)

I'm using Moodle 2.5.2. Any ideas why I don't see that option?

Attachment Screen Shot.jpg
Ngā whakawākanga toharite: -
In reply to Steve Taylor

Re: No option for "Questionnaire Type"

Steve Taylor -

Never mind, I figured it out, though the setting is not where it was in previous versions. It becomes available only AFTER the questionnaire is created.

In reply to Steve Taylor

Joseph Rézeau -
Pikitia o Core developers Pikitia o Particularly helpful Moodlers Pikitia o Plugin developers Pikitia o Testers Pikitia o Translators

"... the setting is not where it was in previous versions"

No, that setting has always been in the Advanced Settings page.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Steve Taylor -

Alright, I guess I was confused because I had seen this screenshot at a UCLA site and some other descriptions that seemed to match that.

I still have an unresolved issue, though. There's an excellent ( but 3-year old) set of instructions for setting up course evaluations with the questionnaire tool at <http://faculty.npc.edu/edtec/forum/files/126b4feef76c57fd58d227e65a39b330-9.html>;

It describes creating a questionnaire in one course site and setting it to Public, then creating a questionnaire activity in a second site that uses that public questionnaire. It explicitly describes setting that second instance to be Private, but it seems to me that that second instance has no Advanced Tab available. The idea was to let students access a questionnaire where the instructor couldn't access the results. (I got around the problem by explicitly removing instructor permissions.)