Email Notifications

Email Notifications

by Colin Farrelly -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I am trying to establish how students can get notified via email when they are assigned a course? In other words how do students become aware that they are assigned courses to complete, and what their enrolment key is, etc?

Or is it the case students have to be notified by seperate correspondence and not via moodle? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Farrelly

Re: Email Notifications

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Colin,

Email notifications can be sent to students if self enrolment is enabled for your site. For manual enrolment this needs to be done with coding.

Check out this link for reference:- http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Self_enrolment

Warm Regards

DualCube

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Purnendu Dash

by Colin Farrelly -

I am very great-ful for your help as we are still trying to get use to Moodle.

We are trying to have an automated email sent out to our users that will include a username and their password.

Will the Moodle Welcome plug in do this for us and if not is there a method to do this?

Would there be much work involved in coding it via maual enrolment?

Kind regards

Colin

In reply to Colin Farrelly

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hey Colin,

It’s always a pleasure to help out enthusiastic moodlers! It might take you a while to get used to it, but you will get a hang of it with experience.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no such functionality to send automated emails to students when they are manually enrolled into courses. This will have to be done with coding.

There is however, a plugin, named quickmail which shows the list of all students enrolled in a course and allows admins/teachers to send emails to students upon registration. You may customize the quickmail code to add additional fields such as username and password.

However, this too is a manual process. I’m sharing the link of quickmail below.

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Quickmail_block

Good Day!

Purnendu (developer)

DualCube

Average of ratings: Useful (1)