Calling all Moodle theme designers...Re: echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html();

Calling all Moodle theme designers...Re: echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html();

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In looking at Zebra theme trying to resolve a query in the forum, I noticed that the output for the footer was wrongly placed.

If you are not already aware, but this code...

<?php echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html(); ?>

...should be situated just above the page-footer closing </div> like so...

<div id="page-footer">

<?php echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html(); ?>

</div>

This is so that any debugging/performance info/validator output will fall imediately below the footer area and not midway cutting through other text you may have in the footer.

Thanks for listening

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Calling all Moodle theme designers...Re: echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html();

by Danny Wahl -

thanks for that heads up Mary, but I don't really think there's a problem with stuff being below it. The only thing in the zebra thing below standard_footer_html() is the branding() option and I don't see any issues:

could you please explain a little more why this is incorrect?

In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: Calling all Moodle theme designers...Re: echo $OUTPUT->standard_footer_html();

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well if it doesn't bother you that's fine.

By the way, I was working on ZEBRA theme this evening adding an Aardvark like profileblock links and username.

It's a lovely theme...smile

However with debugging on I got a heap of php warnings about all the variable names being undefined! like $simplelogin which I fixed with $hassimplelogin = (!empty($PAGE->theme->settings));

and fixed all the others in a similar way.  There were loads of them! LOL

Perhaps you might like to take a look and see if you can tame them?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary - you may want to take a look at Krystle (shameless plug smile ) It was based on Zebra's layouts, with features from Decaf (awesomebar) and Aardvark (the profile block) and has the standard_footer_html() right at the bottom of the footer smile

Rich

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mary Evans -
In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -

I just fixed it by turning off debugging tongueout

I'll look at it big grin

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -

Thanks...