Zebra - 2.4

Zebra - 2.4

by Carlos Gouveia -
Number of replies: 7

Hello all,
I am using Zebra theme for our moodle.
We used aardvark theme on moodle 1.9, and we would like to keep some of the look and feel of it. I would like change the layout and add a few options on the header and footer, but I don't know exactly how:
Maybe some of you can give me a hint.

1) How to place the language menu on the footer;
2) How to add the following options under the user name after he is logged in: Update profile, My courses and Logout;
3) change the default date settings to portuguese.

Thank you all

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Gouveia

Re: Zebra - 2.4

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

This should be relatively easy to accomplish although 2 is a little bit more advances as you would be changing renderers.

1. ADD the following code to the layout/footer.php
    <?php if (!empty($PAGE->layout_options['langmenu'])) {
             echo $OUTPUT->lang_menu();
    }  ?>

2. I will try and answer this in a new comment.

3. The language strings associated with date change when a user selects a language. So in order to have the date in Portuguese you would need to set your Moodle site default to Portuguese. You can do this in Site Administration > Language > Language settings

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Further to my last comment, I realised I forgot to say that you also need to add the Language pack for Portuguese if you have not already installed it.

I am still looking at the Zebra theme trying to find an easy solution to your second question, but with no result at the moment....but I will keep trying.

Cheers

Mary

by Mary Evans -

Ok...here is the code see attached file. >>>

And here is what it looks like. 

Hope this works as well as it does on my version of Zebra?

Cheers

Mary

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Somehow, any post with the Subject containing the numerals 2.4 and 2.5 seem to catch my attention these days..... wink