Student quiz grades not showing up in Gradebook?

Student quiz grades not showing up in Gradebook?

by Michelle Rooker -
Number of replies: 6

I am using Moodle version 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130726)   I have a student who has taken a quiz twice.  I can see his attempt in the quiz attempt report, the quiz has been submitted,  but nothing appears in the grade book.  
Any suggestions as to why this could be happening are appreciated.   

Michelle

In reply to Michelle Rooker

Re: Student quiz grades not showing up in Gradebook?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

My guess is that you have overridden his grade at some point.  Click on the edit icon right by the grade in the grader report and see if the Overridden box is checked.  If so, uncheck it.  That should fix it.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Michelle Rooker -

Hi Emma,

No, the grade has never been overridden.  The student reported the problem to me because they couldn't move on in the course.  Access to the next section was blocked until he successfully completed the quiz.  He had done it, but the grade wasn't appearing in the grade book.   I ended up manually overriding it for him, but that wasn't the initial problem.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Of course, now that it has been overridden, it will be hard to troubleshoot.  You could try taking off the override and trying a regrade but I guess at this point, I would wait and see if it happens again!

by Bob Puffer -

Often a manual regrade will take care of this problem

by Roger Sorensen -

We are seeing this problem and other problems with Gradebook in 2.4 (currently 2.4.6). We see cases where grades only show for the first half of a class (as in this posting- https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=240086). We see cases where manually-entered grades disappear after being saved.

We have attempted one fix (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=221575) and increased the suggested variable from 1,000 to 10,000 with no appreciable effect.

Faculty are prepping their torches and pitchforks.

In reply to Roger Sorensen

by Bob Puffer -

max_input_vars have nothing to do with this problem.  Would suggest you manually regrade which in most cases will fill in the missing quiz grades.