couldnotgetgoogleaccesstoken

by Malik Koné -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am trying to get the plugin googelauth2 up and working.

I installed the latest version, without problems and made the changes to display the sign-in buttons of google and facebook.

I created a app for google and another one for facebook.

I have updated the client id and client secret on the moodle plugin admin page.

When I test with either a google or facebook account, I get the following error

error/auth googleoauth2/couldnotgetgoogleaccesstoken

I am careful not to try login in with emails already used in moodle. 

After checking the plugin FAQ, the README file, the plugin code and the net I come to you for help.

What am I not doing correctly?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Malik Koné

oauth2 RE: couldnot get google access token

by Malik Koné -

Please Help, I tryed with a fresh install of moodle 2.6 and anotherhost and it worked but with bluehost it still does not work.

The googleoauth plugin does not allow me to sign in with a google account on a bluehost moodle installation.  I have enabled bluehost's oauth module.

What should I do please???

In reply to Malik Koné

Re: couldnotgetgoogleaccesstoken

by Malik Koné -

Hello again,

I am lost.  6 months now that I am looking for an answer.   I posted in septembre but I had tryed before to find a solution by myself.

I recap:  I get an error when I try to login with a google account using the googleauth2 plugin on a bluehost installation.

I do not get the error when I do the same on ovh (french host).   Why?

Do you think my geographic location my be black listed by bluehost? I live in west Africa.  What difference can there be between host that disrupt the googleauth2 authentication?

I could run my website without googleauth but my students are young and the e-learning platform is not mandatory.  So to have the maximum logging I strive to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks for reading me.

In reply to Malik Koné

by Balakrishna Thumma -

Hello,

I am using auth  googleoauth2 plugin for  facebook & google  accounts integration with my moodle site.

facebook & gmail login buttons are displayed in site but on submitting the account details  i am getting following error...

The authentication provider sent us a communication error. Please try to sign-in again.

please help me to slove this error

Thank you,

Krishna .

Attachment error.png
In reply to Balakrishna Thumma

by Malik Koné -

Balakrishna Thumma, I was not able to resovle this issue. Are you also using bluehost? did you check in you php.ini file  ; I think you should have the oauth.so module enabled.

In reply to Malik Koné

by Balakrishna Thumma -

Hi Malik Koné

I am not understand what you suggest for this problem. what i have to change in php.ini file.

My moodle version is 2.3 & I am using auth  googleoauth2 plugin. Can you please provide me a solution.

what is bluehost(which is mentioned in your reply)?

can provide me any sample code or Examples for this problem.

Thunk you,

Krishna Thumma.

In reply to Balakrishna Thumma

by Malik Koné -

Hello Balakrishna Thumma

Sorry for replying so late. I was busy at school.

What I am saying is that as far as I know this problem has to do this the operating system on which your moodle site is running.

Bluehost is the name of the company that is hosting my moodle website. On their operating system (linux) googleauth2 plugin is not working.

But I have another moodle installation on another host (computer).  There, the plugin is working. 

Conclusion, if the plugin works on some computers (hosts) and not on others, the problem should be a configuration problem with the hosts.  That's why I was suggering to check you php.ini file.

Where is you moodle installation? If you have administration rigths you should check that oauth module for php is intalled. Detailed instruction are here

good luck