Editing the CSS on the page students see after they make a post

Editing the CSS on the page students see after they make a post

by Patricia Loofbourrow -
Number of replies: 2

Is there a way to modify the page students see after they make a post? I have changed the background color to a dark color, and when that page comes up it apparently has no page-content box, so the text and link aren't readable.

I just want to change that page's background or put that bit of text in a box with a different background so it's readable. Any ideas? I didn't see anything in the general.css forum section about that page.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patricia Loofbourrow

Re: Editing the CSS on the page students see after they make a post

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Which page? All pages? How did you change it in the first place? Did you create your own theme? If so, then you make further changes inside your theme. Refer to your original documentation about how you did what you did to change the theme, that should tell you. On the other hand, could it be that you really only need to change the font color for the forum page? 

As a design issue, making change to a theme because I can or for the sake of making change is not necessarily a good thing. A site should be renewed perhaps every 12 months or so, just to refresh interest if nothing else. This is all I have done since introducing v2.0 to my clientele is change themes when I have updated, Not too many complaints so far.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Editing the CSS on the page students see after they make a post

by Patricia Loofbourrow -

I changed the background color in general.css in my theme -- the issue is that the page you go to after you post has no content wrapper, it's just text on the background. So the contrast is very poor with a dark background.

What I'd like to do is to add a content background to that page (which I do not know the name of), be able to change the font color for just that page, or something to make the text more visible on that one page. The rest of the site looks great. smile