Grid Format - backup and restore

Grid Format - backup and restore

by Colleen Romero -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to transfer a course using the grid format to another Moodle.  I backed up the original course then restored it to the new Moodle instance, but the section images are not displayed.  Both Moodles are running v2.5.2.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colleen Romero

Re: Grid Format - backup and restore

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Colleen,

Can I confirm that both Moodle's are actually 2.5.2 as the file 'version-Moodle_orig.php' states it is "2.2.2+ (Build: 20120323)" and therefore you would have a different version of the Grid format on that?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Collean,

Ok, I've just tested from M2.2 to M2.5 and from M2.5 to M2.5 and it works!

Used:

• M2.2 -> version 2011120511.00 release 2.2.11 (Build: 20130708).
  • M2.5 -> version 2013051402.00 release 2.5.2 (Build: 20130909).
  • Grid for M2.2 -> version 2012042301 release 2.2.2 (2012042301).
  • Grid for M2.5 -> version 2013091201 release 2.5.4.2 - will be the same backup / restore code as 2.5.4.1.

Please can you post a screen shot of the issue.

Gareth

by Colleen Romero -

Hi Gareth

It seems I sent the wrong files, I am attaching the correct version.php files, and the screenshot you requested.  I will also try to redo the backup / restore .

Attachment grid_screenshot.png
In reply to Colleen Romero

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Colleen,

Thanks, I've just tested that combination across two Moodle installations on the same machines but with different URL's and it works.  Currently I have no idea why it is failing.  Can you turn on developer level 'Debugging' and see if that says anything please?

Gareth

by Colleen Romero -

Hi Gareth

I redid the backup / restore.  This time around, I included enrolled users, and the grid images transferred across to the restored course. Thanks for your help.

Colleen