Grades Exports: XLS with Groups and Dates plugin

Grades Exports: XLS with Groups and Dates plugin

by Carina Martinez -
Number of replies: 16
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

This plugin exports grades in xls file, adding two type of columns:

1. Group column,  shows groups' name which students are enroled. In the "All participants" export (without selection of group), you'll see a row for each student-group couple, it means that for the same student could have as many rows as groups which he was affiliated.

2. Date columns, for each grade item, shows the last modification date for this item grade (Y.m.d  format)

You can download from https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=gradeexport_xlsgd

Thanks for your testing and feedback.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Carina Martinez

Next Steps: XLS with Groups and Dates plugin

by Miguel Miní -

Sounds great!

Please, let us know if you are planning to (1) make this plugin available for Moodle 2.5 and 2.6, also (2) suggest this option at the Tracker as a standard for the gradebook.

Thank you

In reply to Miguel Miní

Re: Next Steps: XLS with Groups and Dates plugin

by Carina Martinez -

Thanks Miguel for your interest. 

Please try the plugin in Moodle 2.5, some community test was ok.  I haven't tested in 2.6 yet, but I am planning to do it soon.wink

The second point, I think (with out a deep test of 2.6) the grader report maybe needs some re-engine.

Greetings!

by Tim Plaice -

This works for us perfectly on 2.6 moodle.

Thanks very much smile

In reply to Tim Plaice

by Carina Martinez -

Thanks Tim for the testing smile

Best regards!

by David Foster -

Carina,

I am running Moodle 2.7 and need to add the date field to the grade export as well.  I noticed that the plugin has been verified with 2.2-2.6.  Has anyone tested it on 2.7 yet?

For our program students will be taking the tests all throughout the year and we want to provide a monthly report to the oversight committee on completions.

I'm still new to Moodle and wasn't sure if I uploaded this plugin to 2.7 and it didn't work, can I just uninstall it without any remaining problems?

I appreciate any guidance that anyone can provide.

David

In reply to David Foster

by Carina Martinez -
Hi David!

Please forgive me, I was working hard in other things.  did you see Neider's post (february, 15th)? 

I translate a bit for you:  ".....I've installed and tried this plugin in 2.7 version and worked ok! ......" 

I hope his experience had been helpfull for you, until I could release a new version.  Good luck!

(Sorry again!)

Carina

by Carina Martinez -

Neider and Ciaran,

Thank you for your contact (and your  testing Neider!!)

Sorry that notifications about your ask didn't work properly (I suspect mails were mixed with others less important)  and here I am, a bit late.

I hope soon have some time to update this plugin to the latest versions of Moodle.

Gracias Neider por tus comentarios, espero pronto poder ayudarlos con una nueva versión del plugin.

Saludos!

Carina

by Steve Daly -

Hello Carina,

Any plans to update this plugin for Moodle 3.0 and above? 

Thanks!

Steve

In reply to Steve Daly

by Juan Eladio Sánchez Rosas -

Hi, I patched the last release of this plugin and I managed to make it work in Moodle 3.2 (with developer warnings that it was using deprecated code, but it works). I publish the source code at https://github.com/juaneladio/gradeexport_xlsgd but feel free to hack it and test it in other Moodle versions.

The plugin needs to be refactored in order to apply changes made in Moodle exports in version 2.8 (MDL-46548).

Re: Grades Exports: XLS with Groups and Dates plugin

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Carina,

Have been working hard since the MOOC? Congrats! smile

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by christophe sollami -
Good morning, I've got a problem when I export the data. For example, if the date of the test is 10/12/2014 when I export the results, it sometimes gives 11/12/2014. I couldn't understand why and the strange thing is that sometimes the date is correct. Could you help me? Thanks
In reply to christophe sollami

by Carina Martinez -

Good afternoon Christophe,

I'm sorry I'm a bit late, did you check your server time? Maybe it's an issue related to zone time ?

This plugin shows dates from standard tables of Moodle, it doesn't perform any type of process which could change time,other than this php conversion function    [date("d.m.Y",$grade->timemodified)]

Please, let me know if you find a difference with times registered.

Greetings

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Carina Martinez -

Sí Guillermo!  Gracias!   (tengo que revisar mis alertas dead)

Contenta porque estoy gestionando mi MCCC  wink 

Probaste el plugin?

Saludos!

by Jan Janza -

Hello,

at first, thank you very for your plugin. It helps me a lot.

I have Moodle 2.8.5 and i have found only one problem, i would like to export another colum.

At:

Site administration - Grades - General settings (names are translated, probably they are not exactly correct)

there is a possibility to export custom profile field to excel file as a general option for all exports, but your plugin does not cooperate with this, maybe it did not exist at the time you created this plugin.

Would you be so kind and create new version of this plugin with working export custom profile fields ?

Thank you very much.

Jan Janza

by Neider Vergara Humánez -

Hola Carina.

Tengo dos plataformas una 2.7 y una 3.0.

He instalado y probado el plugin en la 2.7 y me funcionó a la perfección, mientras que en la 3.0 no me dejado ni instalarlo, al parecer por asuntos de actualización o versión obsoleta, te pregunto: ¿Existe alguna versión del plugin que funcione para Moodle 3.0?

¿Existe algún modulo que lo remplace y haga lo mismo para Moodle 3.0?

De antemano muchas gracias por tu atención.

Neider.

by ciaran oco -

Hi carina,

I thought I would try it on Moodle 2.8 but my testing is giving the below error after installation and when i try to run the report. The actual version I use is 2.8.1 (build 20141224)

Would be great if it can be fixed. Best regards,

Ciaran

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid string identifier. The identifier cannot be empty. Please fix your get_string() call.

More information about this error

Debug info: 32767
Error code: codingerror
Stack trace:
  • line 6923 of /lib/moodlelib.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 260 of /grade/export/lib.php: call to get_string()
  • line 58 of /grade/export/xlsgd/grade_export_xlsgd.php: call to grade_export->format_column_name()
  • line 51 of /grade/export/xlsgd/export.php: call to grade_export_xlsgd->print_grades()