In Moodle 1.9 I was able to upload a Storyline package using FTP to the file sever and embed it into a resource. In Moodle 2.4 I can't get this to work correctly, because Moodle 2.4's file sever has changed.
For Example (1.9):
On server - moodledata/96/storylinefolder/story.html
On a resource- <iframe width="700" scrolling="no" height="270" frameborder="0" src="http://www.example.com/file.php/96/storylinefolder/story.html"></iframe>
I've tried using Moodle 2.4's repository file system, but with no success. I was able to get the Storyline package to work with the resource type "file", but I much rather use the recourse type "page".
Does anyone know of way I can embed a Storyline package into a resource type "page" in Moodle 2.4?
I add my Articulate as a file after publishing it to the web, and zipping it.
The zipped Articulate goes to the content area in File. Next I unzipp it, delete the zip file and choose story.html file as the main one (all of these actions available when you click on particular files).
Than I make sure the Display option is 'In pop-up'.
It works really well for me, I hope you will find this method useful as well
Thanks for you reply, however the File resource type will not work for my project. I did find a solution to my problem. There are two plugins that make a repository act just like Moodle 1.9 file system.
I've also been adding Articulate as a file and setting story.html as the main file.
I wondered if this means that the normal flash storyline version will open on all devises instead of recognising when it should be using the story_html5.html file on ipads etc. Does anyone know?
Thanks for your help.
I am unsure if this problem has been resolved or if you have the same problem still, but I believe I have a resolution. I myself have been having trouble for a day or two now with it not working. (bare with me the issue may have been fixed and I may have lacked knowledge of how to upload properly in the first place)
So what has fixed the issue for me is the following;
When in articulate you need to go to the reporting setting when publishing, once in the settings you need to enter a unique identifier code (or use the pre-generated one) I have a photo shown below.
After this, and when you have uploaded your course to your moodle host you need to make sure the identifier code is the same in your common module settings as the picture below.
Once this has been done and both ID's are the same I find the course loads and runs perfectly. Without this being done it does not load or work whatsoever. My conclusion to this is that the Articulate Project and Moodle communicate through this ID, without this they are unable to communicate and this is why it does not work.
I hope this helped someone, again I'm not sure if this was your problem or I was just lacking knowledge of what to do. If this was not your problem I believe Moodle 2.5 onwards interacts with articulate projects fine and you should not have a problem.