Courses for Teachers...... Enrol one by one by one

Re: Courses for Teachers...... Enrol one by one by one

by Steve Audus -
Number of replies: 14

Thank you the suggestion Dualcube.

but the problem isn't uploading users, the users are already in Moodle.

the problem is there isn't a quick way to search and enroll over 100 teachers to a course.

Any other suggestions?

In reply to Steve Audus

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you already have a list of teachers that you can quickly add to a csv file? Because if so then you can upload them into the course with the fields: username,course1,role1 where course1 is the shortname of the course (ie the one in the navigation bar/breadcrumb)and for role2 you put "Teacher"

Then when you upload, you choose "Update exisiting users" and even though they are already on your system they will be added to the course as teachers.  

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Audus -

Cheers Mary, I'll give that a try.

I have requested Webanywhere to add teachers and staff as a Group in their MISGROUPS block.

Thank you

Steve

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Audus -

Also is there any quick way to un-enrol everyone from a course?

Thank you

Steve

In reply to Steve Audus

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you filter by student for example on the enrolled users page, it will give you checkboxes so that you can select multiple students and then unenroll them all at once.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Steve Audus -

Hi Emma,

how do I filter by student, on the enrolled users page/enrol/users.php? to un-enrol users.

I only have option to filter by Enrolment methods, and all users are "Manual Enrolments"

Please advise, thank you

In reply to Steve Audus

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Steve - which version of Moodle are you using? Is it Moodle 2.4? I think being able to filter users came with 2.5

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

That's right Mary - I have a test 2.5 here and almost jumped for joy out of my chair when I saw the filter users by role for a course! BUT a plugin we rely on (Kaltura) isn't 2.5 yet so we went for 2.4.6 (as of the last rebuild - it needed rebuilding twice in a week or so :|)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Audus -

Ahh that explains it, I'll request an update 2.5

I've worked with Microsoft user handling and security for over 15 years and Moodle users handling still continues to confuse me. It does still seem very much focused on One Teacher per course enrolling students themselves and not allowing easy site and course enrollments by a site administrator. We have to enroll groups of students and groups of teachers to over 100 courses every year on our Moodle. It still not quite there for ease of use for schools. Just something to feedback.

thanks as always for your support

Steve

In reply to Steve Audus

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

We wrote some code that enrols students using course codes, groups and a live link to our MIS system. It's not a plugin though, so every time we update/rebuild we have to add it to course/view.php.

It would be nice to make a live tie in that runs nightly but that would require changes to our MIS system/data based on one place that has done it and has the same MIS system as ours.

In reply to Steve Audus

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Go into the course, and in the Settings block > Course Administration menu on the page there is a Reset link. This can remove all users of one role, or select multiple roles (e.g. Student and Teacher) in one go (as well as reset forums etc, you just choose which activities/enrolments you want the contents of clearing).

HTH

In reply to Steve Audus

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Steve,

You Can do this with Bulk user actions and cohorts

1.) Site map to create cohorts

Home ► Site administration ► Users ► Accounts ► Cohorts

2.) Site map add users to cohorts. 

Home ► Site administration ► Users ► Accounts ► Bulk user actions

3.) Select the role for cohorts

Home ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Enrolments ► Cohort sync

4.) Enable the cohort sync

Home ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Enrolments ► Manage enrol plugins

Warm Regards

DualCube

In reply to Purnendu Dash

by Steve Audus -

Dual , That's Ace,

i have very quickly enrolled all of staff onto a course but can you quickly un-enroll a cohort?

thank you

steve

In reply to Steve Audus

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In the course, go to CourseAdmin/Users/Enrolment methods and just delete the cohort there.

In reply to Steve Audus

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Steve,

Go to

Course Administration > Users > Enrolment Methods. If you have enrolled a cohort, the cohort will be listed on the page. Click the cross button to remove it.

Warm Regards

DualCube