I've been working away on CONTRIB-3240 to get accessibility into the Grid Format but have reached a point where I need to know more about WIA-ARIA. However, in the process of adding keyboard support I've done with the help of Mary Evans and Andrew Nicols some big improvements as seen on this screen cast:
Currently, the improvements are only available for the Moodle 2.5 version from:
https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=4073 (EDIT: Changed to V126.96.36.199 to remove 'console.log's and sort 'no native JSON browser library' in 'module.js' - if you have V2.5.4 or V188.8.131.52 then this is not a critical update unless you have problems with IE 8).
EDIT: Moodle 2.3 and 2.4 versions available from:
Since the last official release, the changes are:
- Partial implementation of CONTRIB-3240. Thanks to Andrew Nicols for helping with the YUI module code on: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=237275. This means that it is now possible to navigate using the keyboard with the 'left' / 'right' cursor keys being used to perform previous section / next section respectively and the 'esc' key to toggle open / closed the shade box. As a bonus of this change I've added in navigation arrows to the shade box which appear when you hover over the middle of the sides - cool eh? Initially I also added Shift-TAB (previous section) / TAB (next section) / Enter (open shade box) / Shift-Enter (close shade box) keys to but after much deliberation (and logic issues) I have decided that until WIA-ARIA is fully understood I'll leave them out. Once much more information is known I'll put them back in. Also thanks to Enrico Canale and Darren Britten of La Trobe University for their support and information. Note: If you're wondering where the M2.3 and M2.4 versions are, well I intend to release them a few days after this M2.5 version so that any bugs that have not been found can be fixed once without having to re-release three versions.
- 'modules.js' has been completely reworked so that it is efficient and documented.
- Added Pirate language.
- Implemented CONTRIB-4580 - Highlight current section.
- Implemented CONTRIB-4579, thanks to all who helped on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=236075.
- Added 'Downgrading' instructions.
- Added 'Upgrading' instructions.
- Added 'Known Issues'.
- Added 'Free software'.
- Added 'Usage'.
- Added 'Making changes'.