2.5.2 Enrollment Expiry Notification Problems

2.5.2 Enrollment Expiry Notification Problems

by Paul Masson -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Moodlers, 

I have problems with the enrollment expiry notification emails for some courses.

1.  Email notice not being sent to 'enroller'.

2.  Email notice from is a Teacher, not me, the enroller.

We are using manual enrollment, and the settings are 'Enroller and Enrolled user', 10 days.

For some courses, I receive notices from the moodle admin account email.  For this particular course,  I do not receive anything, and the email the students get (which I know from bounces) is from one of several teachers for the course.

I have searched the documentation and the forums but cannot understand this.  My basic questions are:

a) what defines 'Enroller'; ie the copied recipient of the expiry notice?  

b) what defines the 'from' email address that sends the message to the student?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Masson

Re: 2.5.2 Enrollment Expiry Notification Problems

by Paul Masson -

bump . . .

Buehler, Buehler, anyone. . .

In reply to Paul Masson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is it always the same teacher?  Does that teacher have admin rights?  Could it be that the teacher is updating the enrolment somehow in the class?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Paul Masson -

Emma,

Thank you for the reply.

It is one specific course, and it has multiple teachers, yet only one of them is receiving the Expiry notifications.

The course is a 'rolling' course that does not end.  I suspect it has to do with the fact that I have been running this course for almost three years, and it has been through a few upgrades; 1.9 to 2.5.2

At this point I guess I can drop the teacher that is getting the notifications and see what happens.  Will post the results.

In reply to Paul Masson

by Nagi Saeed -

Hi Paul,

I'm curious what happened after you dropped the teacher who receives the notifications.

Are you using Separate Groups in your course? If yes , are teachers other than the one receiving the notifications members of groups?

I'm facing a similar challenge with one of my courses and I narrowed the cause down to the group membership, but I'm yet to to run more tests.

Peace,
Nagi