Resource types

Ravi Vare
Lightbox- Some Issues/More Features

Hi ALL,

Referring this

I have some issues

1] Instead of only pictures, i want to embed some video from external sites too.

Is it possible by Lightbox ?

2] Can i use Lightbox in any other HTML Pages (ForumPost, Course/Section Page in Moodle)

See Post [by Anil Sharma]

TIA

Ravi Vare

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Adam Olley
Re: Lightbox- Some Issues/More Features
Group Developers

Hi Ravi,

1) No, lightboxgallery works with pictures only at present - sorry.

2) That kind of functionality would probably be best served by a filter plugin, not a resource module. It'd certainly be possible to create a filter that looks for links to lightboxgallery images and transforms them into something that'll show a thumbnail that can be clicked on. But someone would have to develop that filter.

Picture of Harry Hat

Hi,

I think my question is similar to Ravi's.

Is it possible to have a lightbox series that opens from the course front page, rather than from a link on the page?

This would mean that a user could click directly on an image on the course page and it would open a bigger lightbox image right then and there from a section summary or perhaps a label.

Please see the image below for clarification.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Regards,

Harry

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Christoph Ruda

With Lightbox Gallery being a resource I can't see how you could accomplish that. A filter on the other hand, as suggested by Adam, could do that.

+1 for extending Lightbox Gallery to play videos. If we then could have a Lightbox Gallery filter that can be used throughout the site, now that would be fantastic. cool

Picture of Harry Hat

Thanks Christoph (and Adam). Appreciate the reply. That filter would be most welcome.

Harry