Grade to pass formula with many activities

Re: Grade to pass formula with many activities

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Your gradebook is probably set to aggregate only non-empty grades.  If you change this to treat empty grades as zero, it should behave as you want it to.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Odg: Re: Grade to pass formula with many activities

by Tom T -

Thanks for your reply. I changed to what you say but still I have red where there should not be. Like here:

1st pack: 80 % (ok-green)

2nd pack: 100 % (ok-green)

3rd pack: 67 % (ok-red, he failed)

Course total: 82 % (not ok-it is green, but is should be red since the 3rd pack of exam is under 80%)

Is it a problem because there is no formula? Or because I have weighted mean of grades chosen?

In reply to Tom T

Re: Odg: Re: Grade to pass formula with many activities

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, yes - it is averaging the scores.  Have you thought about using conditional activities?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Odg: Re: Odg: Re: Grade to pass formula with many activities

by Tom T -

Hi,

I have conditional activities already set yes. I guess I must set the proper formula, but have no clue what formula would be best smile

In reply to Tom T

Re: Odg: Re: Odg: Re: Grade to pass formula with many activities

by Emma Richardson -

Here is a link to the calculations help page.

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/grade/calculation

I would suggest using the min function - if you set the total for the course to the minimum score of those three quizzes, if any was less than 80, then they would fail.

I think that is how that works though, to be honest, I have not worked with calculations much.

I was thinking that with conditional activities and completion set up, you could set up the course where it was not completed until they had scored 80 on all three course, but, you are right, you probably need the grade book working correctly too.