Question text next to question number

Question text next to question number

by eCampus Admin -
Number of replies: 6

How can we display the question text next to the question number?

Right now, the question number appears on a line by itself followed by the question text, and we would like to have it next to it.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eCampus Admin

Re: Question text next to question number

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Questionnaire?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by eCampus Admin -

Version 2.4.2 on Moodle 2.5.

Thank you.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK, I do not see this problem, the questions texts are on the same line as the question numbers for me.

Which visual theme are you using on your Moodle 2.5? Try to switch to Standard theme to see if there is any difference.

Oh, and please post a screenshot.

Joseph

screenshot #1

by eCampus Admin -

Thank you for your prompt response.

You are right. It is was a theme issue. I am using Essential and the attached is how the questions are being rendered.

Attachment Questionnaire_Essential.jpg

by Joseph Rézeau -

I confirm your findings.

Well, I suppose both Questionnaire and the Essential theme are to be blamed for this (small) problem.

Essential, Clean and other Bootstrap-based themes seem to be quite popular on moodle sites at the moment, but they still need to be tested against plugins.

In the (forthcoming) version 2.5 of Questionnaire, I have thoroughly tested compatibility with those new themes. I am attaching a screenshot showing Questionnaire 2.5 with the Essential theme. The question number and question text are aligned. The question number looks a bit huge, but that's because Essential tends to display extra large headings.

Joseph

screenshot #1

by eCampus Admin -

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Looking forward to version 2.5 of questionnaire!