Glossary Emails

Glossary Emails

by Thomas Hunt -
Number of replies: 3

Every time someone makes an addition to the glossary, everyone in the course is notified by email. Where can I turn this notification off?  Forgive me if I am overlooking something simple. I can't seem to find any setting to prevent this. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Hunt

Re: Glossary Emails

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Thomas,

1.- Which version of Moodle are you using?

2.- I suppose that by "someone" and "everyone" you mean students, not teachers?

3.- Where is your glossary located? Within a course or on your moodle site's front page?

4.- What do those email notifications look like? Please post a screenshot.

Actually, this is the first time I"ve heard of the Glossary activity sending out email notifications. There is no setting for that...

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Thomas Hunt -

Hi Joseph,

1- We are using version 2.4.4

2- Sorry for not being specific enough. "Someone" = Students. We believe "everyone" = students, teachers and non-editing teachers. We know for certain that teachers and non-editing teachers are receiving this. We are waiting to hear back from students.

3- The glossary is located within a course.

4- See attached photo.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment glossary notification.png
In reply to Thomas Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hm,

Is "Assignment 2 for visit 2 -- Special Needs Terminology Glossary" actually the name of your glossary?

If so, it looks confusing to call a glossary "Assignment something Glossary", since Assignment and Glossary are 2 separate activities in Moodle.

In the Subject of the email message screenshot you posted I can see the "New glossary entry in" string, which does not exist in the language strings of standard Moodle plugins. Which makes me wonder where that string can come from. Do you have any non-standard "add-ons" installed on your moodle site?

What are your Glossary settings? If your glossary accepts new entries by students, is it set "Entries Approved by default"?