Category enrolment in 2.5

Category enrolment in 2.5

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 3

Hallo everybody,

In the last version of Moodle, once I had assigned student roles in a category, all students were automatically enroled in all courses of that category. Now (Moodle 2.5) this does not apply any more.

If I enrol someone to a specific course, additionaly to his role in the course, he will get the role I assigned to him in the category; but without enrolling him in the specific course, he won't be enroled.

Is that a configuration I have to change (I already permitted category enrolment and I can assign roles in a category) ?

Or will I have to do it another way ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

Re: Category enrolment in 2.5

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You also need to set to "allow" he capability enrol/category:synchronised for the role in question in Administration > Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ulrike Albers -

Thank you very much Mary !

I just changed that, but it stills doesn't work... maybe this is a problem of cache ? Or cron.php which hasn't been started for some tim, it seesms ?

Thanks for any help... smile

In reply to Ulrike Albers

by Ulrike Albers -

Hallo, I couldn't find any solution, I can't find a way to enrol a cohort in a category either so I used the cohort enrolment course by course.