Weighting groups of grades

Re: Weighting groups of grades

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Set the grading method of each category to Simple Weighted Mean of Grades - despite the name, this method will remove the weighting for each grade item and then within the category, it will act like total points.

Keep the Weighted Mean of Grades for the course grading and that will give you the option to assign a weight just to the category.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Larry Ellis -

Emma-

Thanks for trying Emma. Nothing connects for me in this process. I have never used any of the screens in question before so if a basic (and I mean basic) step is left out because I should know it, I am lost. The fact that terms don't mean what the words say they should makes it even more difficult to learn by trial and error.
Do you know if there is a task sheet listing all the basic steps anywhere for this?

Larry

In reply to Larry Ellis

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What version are you using?  Please post a screenshot of your categories and items page and I can direct you.  I have given you the steps but maybe your site is using different terminology - is this a site that you set up?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Larry Ellis -

Hi  Emma

It is a class that was constructed by our webmaster a number of years ago and I have been updating the assignments and adding new ones  as we change texts.

I tried to download the screen print but the system says no because it is larger than allowed. If it is permissible, I can use my personal email to send it. I do need an email address to do that though.

Lary