Quiz

Created a Quiz, but "Attempt Quiz" button is missing

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
self-portrait
Created a Quiz, but "Attempt Quiz" button is missing

Moodle 2.4.1+ (Build: 20130125)

I added a Quiz Activity to one of my topics. I filled in all the required fields, feedback and settings. There are no special restrictions or timings required. Once I did all of that I clicked on "Save and display".

Then in Settings>Quiz administration>Edit quiz I added questions, provided the Maximum grade and have them appearing on one page.

When I select Settings>Quiz administration>Preview  I am able to see my quiz and things look okay. 

Is there something else I need to do after that? When a learner clicks on the Quiz Activity, the Title and Description of the quiz appear and "Grading Method: Highest grade" are below that, but there is no button or option to start the quiz.

Am I missing a step to complete the quiz creation?

Best,
Gina

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Created a Quiz, but "Attempt Quiz" button is missing
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Is an actual student unable to see Start Quiz button or are you just using the student role (which will not give you the button because you are still an ungraded user even though trying out student role)?

If actual student cannot enter quiz, post quiz settings screenshot and screenshot of page student sees.

self-portrait

Hi, 

It happens on both. When I (the admin) am logged in, the "Edit Quiz" button that should appear isn't there and when I am logged in as a regular student, the "Attempt quiz" button is missing (see screenshot). 

I can only upload 2 screenshots, so I'll try and upload the rest of my settings on another post.

screen1.jpg is the student.

screen2.jpg are my settings (admin).

self-portrait

screen3.jpg

are the rest of my settings.

Picture of Emma Richardson
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Ok, to start with, you will not see the submit button as an admin because that is not a gradable role within the class.  The only people that can see the buttons are students that are enrolled in the class because they are only role that is graded.

Your settings all look correct - is this the first quiz that you have added?  Is this happening with all quizzes?

If the student that you used is actually enrolled in the class, then this a permissions issue.  You need to check that your student role has permission to complete a quiz.  

self-portrait

This is the first quiz, but I added another but the same issue is happening. 

Several of my students are enrolled in the course, have done all the activities in other topics and now can click on the link to the Quiz, but no button.

When I am in Settings>Quiz Administration>Check Permissions
All of the students are marked as Student (FYI, I changed the word Student to Trainee) enrolled in the course and are Authenticated Users in System. You can see the settings below.

In Settings>Quiz Administration>Permissions
Under the Activity: Quiz section :
Attempt: Quizzes shows Student (again, I changed Student to Trainee) can attempt.

Help.

self-portrait

I figured it out! Some of my additional CSS changed my button display on that page as "hidden". I corrected my CSS and the button reappears. 

Gees, that took me forever to figure it out!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)