Installation help

Picture of Monica Franz
Urgent: Viewing the defintion of role vs Editing permissions Moodle 2.5 and 2.51!

Hi,

after finishing upgrading from 1.9.19->2.2.10->2.5->2.5.1 I recognized following phenomene smile):

The permissions in the Editing Permissions page are almost all not set for the guest role, which is correct.

But in the 'Viewing the defintions of the guest role' page they are almost all set to 'Allow'.

The other role views seem not to be the same as the editing page either.

Which page shows the real setted permissions?

In Moodle 2.2.10 the pages were correct. editing and viewing showed the same permissoins.

Regards,

Monica

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Urgent: Viewing the defintion of role vs Editing permissions Moodle 2.5 and 2.51!
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Monica,

When you view a role via Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles, you see all the permissions which are set to allow, prevent or prohibit. When you edit a role, you see every single permission listed - not set as well as set (which is maybe better shown if you click the 'Show advanced' button).

Picture of Monica Franz
Re: Urgent: Viewing the defintion of role vs Editing permissions Moodle 2.5 and 2.51!

Hi Helene,

I know and when clicking 'Show advanced', the permissions aren't set the way

they show up in the edit page, eventhough nothing was changed since upgrading 

to Moodle 2.5(.1) from 1.9!

I mean the 'not set' permissions in the edit page are 'allow' in the viewing page and the allowed permission in the edit page are 'not set' in the viewing page.

Picture of Monica Franz

Hi again,

which page is the correct one, the editing or the viewing one?

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hmm, that does sound weird. The only thing I can suggest is for you to do as advised in the FAQ 'Permissions don't seem to be working correctly. What can I do?' in Roles FAQ.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Monica Franz

Hi Helene,

thank you for that hint, now it seems to be ok.

Cheers,

Monica