Additions to Assignment Module 1.4

Additions to Assignment Module 1.4

by Emilio from Vienna, Austria -
Number of replies: 5
I changed the behaviour of the assignment module for moodle 1.4. Although I just read there is a completely new assignment module in 1.5 maybe someone is still interested in some improvements for 1.4.

To distinguish it from the old module I called it assignmentplus.

I did:
* several uploads for every student possible
* All uploads in 1 directory for easy upload and download via FTP/SSH/Webdav
* student can see uploads of other students
      (configurable yes/only after due date/always)
* feedback of teacher in a simpler form than before
* name of student can be automatically prepended to the uploaded filename. In this way it is eays to sort by filename and see all files of a certain student.

More info and download on http://austroweb.at/moodle

Comments and wishes can be posted here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emilio from Vienna, Austria

Re: Additions to Assignment Module 1.4

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
I have just written a simmilar module for 1.4 named "newassignment", more info is in http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3593. It allows multiple versions of users submission and anonymous showing of students' files...
In reply to Jaroslav Šeděnka

by Darren Smith -

Both look very interesting with some excellent features.

Have any of you looked at the 1.5 assignment code to see if any of the work you have done will plug into it?

Darren

In reply to Emilio from Vienna, Austria

by Brian Schmidt -

I recently installed this module and had tested it a bit and all seemed to work well.  However, we ran into problems when we implemented it into a live course this week.

For some reason, it seems the assignments are disappearing.  When we log in, we can see the assignment was submitted, the timestamp, and the file name is there and linked.  However, when we click on the file name, I get a message saying it can't find the file.  So I logged into the server to check it out.  Sure enough, there is only 1 file there.

From my best guess, based on whose assignment was left on the server and the timestamps on the assignments in Moodle, it appears as though the previous assignment is always being replaced with the next upload -- regardless of which user submits the assignment or the name of the file.  The options I set on the assignment are: upload several files, allow resubmitting, prepend the last name, and do not allow view all.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  It's definitely bad a bad thing to lose a bunch of assignments.  black eye

TIA,
Brian