Moodle restore fails. backup restore problem- 1.9 version

Moodle restore fails. backup restore problem- 1.9 version

by shanthi peter -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone,

Moodle version 1.9.14

Course Backup done sucessfully

When I tried to restore the backup on the same moodle version installed in different server I receive the error message

Some problem happened with the restore information stored in your session. Please check your PHP memory/DB package size limits. Restore stopped.

More information about this error

(When I click on the above link it takes me to an empty page

http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/error/moodle/restorechecksumfailed)

Please let me know what to do next ? How do I troubleshoot this issue? . I set debugging to ON and received the following messages too

Stack trace:

line 5889 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()
    line 24 of backup/restore_execute.html: call to print_error()
    line 175 of backup/restore.php: call to include_once()

Also In admin-> server -> session_handling, I've unchecked the box - Use database for session information

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to shanthi peter

Re: Moodle restore fails. backup restore problem- 1.9 version

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It is directing you to the problem.  You need to raise your limits in php - post_max_size and max_upload_filesize would be a place to start.  Also check your database settings and raise those as necessary.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by shanthi peter -

Hello Emma Richardson

In fact the backup.gz file gets uploaded correctly  but only when I click on RESTORE the error happens.

So do you still think php - post_max_size and max_upload_filesize are the problem ?

Shanthi

In reply to shanthi peter

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It seems there is a timeout setting too - max_execution_time.