No submission button

No submission button

by Chrissy Trenholme -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4.5+ and find that the assignments now have no submission button for students to upload their work.  I have used the feature to upgrade all the assignments to this new version and it said it was successful but this has not resulted in a submission button.

I have tried creating a new assignment within the course and the same thing happens.

I have tried restoring the course, creating a new course and importing the information and both don't give me a submission button.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking at to rectify this problem.

Many thanks, Chrissy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chrissy Trenholme

Re: No submission button

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

First to double check - you are looking at the assignments with a real (or real test) student account?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

And, which browser are you using? I'm getting a similar report about "save changes" from an instructor using Chrome and trying to upload a response file and grade submissions.

Also, it's worth clearing your cache and trying a different browser. As I understand it, there's one site wide script that creates those buttons. If you get a mangled version of the script, your browser will keep calling it from the cache with the same broken result.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Chrissy Trenholme -

Thank you both. I have tried logging in as a student and you're right the submission button is there.

I am interested to know why as an administrator, I cannot see the submit button on assignments that have been created in 2.2 and now upgraded to 2.4, but can when I create a new assignment in the upgraded version.  I am using IE9 and this is site wide within college and so I can only work with this browser.

Many thanks,  Chrissy

In reply to Chrissy Trenholme

by Sakshi Goel -