Impact of Locally Assign Roles in an Assignment

Impact of Locally Assign Roles in an Assignment

by Stan Constant -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Everyone,

I am currently facing with an issue in an assignment. The professor have this assignment in the course, where the students need to edit some of the contents in the assignments. With their current roles/privileges as students they cannot edit that portion of the assignment. My question is if I give the students non-editing teaching role locally, will that affect them being able to see what other students did for that assignment? Or, would that in some way give them more control than intended for that assignment? I just want to know what would the impact or ramification be before I start giving students non-editing teaching role for that assignment. I hope someone out there had faced this issue before. Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Stan 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stan Constant

Re: Impact of Locally Assign Roles in an Assignment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well first of all, the non-editing teacher role can't edit things anyway, so it wouldn't help. Perhaps you can say more exactly what it is the professor wants his students to be able to do and then we can suggest a better way?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Following Mary to say that, probably, the professor doesn't want students editing something in a textbox because the prof wants to see how the edited version differs from the unedited. In that case, all you need is a file to download and students then upload the edited version.

But, if the prof is using a textbox, you can simply expand the instructions to say "copy this stuff that is in the assignment description, edit it, and paste it into the textbox."

by Bob Puffer -

If you're saying "locally" to the assignment, you can add them as teachers.  Would be difficult to grade the assignment but could add a manual grade to the gradebook that only the real teacher would have access to.

by Stan Constant -

Thank you very much everyone for your feedback and answer. The actual problem was the result of how the activity was setup. After much investigation and tweacking around, I came on how to resolve it. It was only a setting issue. Again, thank you