Manager role receiving random notifications

Manager role receiving random notifications

by Toby Ebel -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

I have a single user who is a Manager of a category. This is user is only occasionally receiving email notifications when teachers make comments in Wikis and/or leave feedback on graded items. It isn't for a particular course, nor does it happen for every piece of feedback or Wiki comment. Seems very, very random.

I couldn't find anything in permissions covering who receives these kinds of notifications and when. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Toby (Moodle 2.4.4)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toby Ebel

Re: Manager role receiving random notifications

by Michael Vaughn -

I'm having the same issue on the same Moodle version. Anyone else seeing this? 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Vaughn

by Toby Ebel -

Thanks, Michael. I sure could use an answer or a suggestion on this. Hard to believe it isn't happening to others.

Toby

In reply to Toby Ebel

by Stan Constant -

Hello Everyone,

I have been experiencing the same problem as well. The users (with manager roles) who have been receiving these messages have different permission settings. At first, I though I would simply look around for a common denominator setting among all of those user, and then try to rectify it from there. However, it turned out their permission settings varies even though they are all managers. None of them wants to receive those messages, and would like to make it stop. Has anyone gotten any luck to the root cause of this issue yet? Your help and feedback is very much appreciated.

Best,

Stan smile