how to get rid of filters in calendar

how to get rid of filters in calendar

by m chico -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I'm using moodle 2.4 and all my evets are going to be course events, so I dont want to see "goup events", global events " etc..., mostly I dont want the student to see all that in the calendar block, so is there a way to get rid of this?

Attachment calendar.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to m chico

Re: how to get rid of filters in calendar

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi M Chico

Have you tried hiding the calendar event by clicking on the eye icon in front the type of event name. You can make it close which disables the events to view by students.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by m chico -

I have hid the calendar events and then entered as a student and I still see the same.

Each student is capable of hiding his/her own events but I dont want the whole thing to be shown, that's the problem

In reply to m chico

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi M Chico

You no need to worry a user cant see all event. Please read defination below:

• A User Event will only be visible by the user currently logged in (i.e. the one creating the event)
  • A Group Event will be visible to a particular Group on the course (chosen from a drop-down list)
  • A Course Event will be visible to participants on the course in question. Only users with the capability to manage calendar entries at the course level can add course events.
  • A Site Event is a "global" event - visible in every course and on the calendar on the home page. Only users with the capability to manage calendar entries at the system level can add site events.

Note- Hiding event will not work for others if teacher hide it in one course i have tested it .