Entire site broken - Javascript doesn't work

Re: Entire site broken - Javascript doesn't work

by Arif Shah -
Number of replies: 6

Thanks very much for your reply Marcus.

I forgot to add there was a 404 error just before the "cannot call method load_flowplayer" message. The 404 error is for following file:
http://mysite.com/lib/javascript.php/1377865494/lib/javascript-static.js

Guillermo kindly directed me towards this article:
http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Blocks_FAQ#My_Administration_block_links_don.27t_expand.21

I disabled 'Use slash' option and the menus started working but the SCORM courses give 404 error for following file:
http://mysite.com/lib/editor/tinymce/tiny_mce/3.5.8/tiny_mce.js

Although I can see the physical file is there at the correct location. O also tried clearing theme cache and changing javascript + ajax options but no luck.

We are just using a standard legacy theme and no other non-standard plugins. We use Moodle to host SCORM courses for our users from a DotNetNuke site. We supply external authentication and enrolment parameters from a separate SQL server database.

Regards
Arif

P.S. Sorry for posting the issue multiple times as I am really desperate for a solution.

In reply to Arif Shah

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Arif,

I assume that you tried all the options listed in the FAQ and neither of them solved your problem, except disabling the Use slash.

About the problem with the SCORM course, please try as recommended here:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=199054

In reply to Guillermo Madero

תשובה ל: Re: Entire site broken - Javascript doesn't work

by Raphael Goldman -

Try to clean cash from moodle and reload the site, it should solve your problem

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Arif Shah -

@Raphael - I have already tried purging cache but that didn't make any difference.

I did try setting the cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0 as per Guillermo's suggestion but still no luck.

With 'Use Slash' disabled the SCORM player opens a new window but doesn't show any external resources. 

As a test I setup a new install of Moodle 2.5.1 and got the same issues there too which makes me think it would be an environment/configuration issue.

I've got PHP 5.3.27 fast-cgi setup on windows 2008 server with IIS 7.5. Please see a screenshot of my server check attached. (All ok except a warning for Intl extension).

The strange thing is that I upgraded the site back in early July from 1.9 to 2.5 and tested that every single SCORM course worked fine. Had to turn the site off for few weeks due to ASP.NET issues on the server and when turned it back on couple of weeks back found these issues with JavaScript.

Another approach I am looking at - what configuration can I change on the server to help enable 'Use Slash' argument?

Please help before I jump off a cliff!!

Regards
Arif

Attachment ServerCheck.PNG
In reply to Arif Shah

by Arif Shah -

Hi,

I still can't find a solution for this.

Just trying to figure out what would be the underlying cause of javascript failing on the site. Is it because my server is not configured properly to accept 'Slash arguments'?? In that case, what could I change to get it working?

Or is it some limitation of working in PHP/fast-cgi/Windows/IIS configuration that slash arguments won't work?

Please advise.
Regards
Arif Shah  

In reply to Arif Shah

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To eliminate anything to do with your web server and slash arguments you need to create another fresh install of moodle and see if javascript works on that with nothing installed but bare Moodle. Have you done that?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Arif Shah -

Marcus,

I have already tried a fresh install and confirmed that the problem exists. Just not sure what do I need to change to get slash arguments to work on a windows server / IIS 7.5 / fast-cgi php.

Regards
Arif