How To Use Moodle for Security Awareness Courses

How To Use Moodle for Security Awareness Courses

by Dave Walsh -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am very new to Moodle, but I would like to use it to provide Information Security Courses to our staff.

Basically, I just want to create some content, display it, then be able to track who took the course, and possibly give a couple of quiz questions at the end.

Most importantly, I need to know who took the course and when so I can provide this as evidence to an auditor if they ask.  I don't want to get all caught up in authentication and all that stuff.  Basically, if someone can get there and give their email address, that's all I really want.  I don't need a whole lot of barriers to this thing.  The easier someone can get in and start training, the better.

Any suggestions on how I'd go about doing this.

Some good design suggestions would also be helpful.  It has to look aesthetically pleasing, or people will not do it.

Thanks,

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Walsh

Re: How To Use Moodle for Security Awareness Courses

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The best way would be to put a quiz at the end of the course, which tests the key learning outcomes. That way, a record of who has passed the quiz is a record of who knows the stuff.

There is also a bonus for staff. If they already know their stuff, they just have to take the test. The don't need to go through a lot of stuff that they already know.

In reply to Dave Walsh

by George Kostopoulos -

Hello Dave,

I am in the process of completing an Cybersecurity Awareness course for online-moodle delivery.

Please tell me more about your project.

(Edited by Mary Cooch to remove email address - original submission Saturday, 14 January 2017, 6:28 PM)

In reply to George Kostopoulos

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This post is from four years ago and Dave is no longer registered on this site. You might have a long wait for a reply!

In reply to George Kostopoulos

by Paula Clough -

George,

As Howard said this is an old post. There is however a eSafety course in Moodle.net that was written for a high school that might give you a place to begin.  You can download it and restore it to your own site and then edit to meet your needs or begin  your own. You can set up your site so that people can get an account fairly easily and then you will have records of who completed your course, "signed" user agreements, etc.  One thing I would add is choice activity where students or employees accept the agreements as a matter of record.

cool