Problems with image types not being detected

Problems with image types not being detected

by simon pierce -
Number of replies: 6

I have a hotpot which runs fine in my browser, but when I upload it into moodle I get the following error 'Sorry, the HotPot module could not detect the type of the source file: /SafetySigns2/signs2/safe01.gif' I have tried putting all the files in a separate folder, and also in no folder (again all together). The image files are a range of .gif, .jpg and .png. Incidently the hotpot worked ok before I changed the image names (they were the answers!). I have tried re-writing the hotpot etc, nothing seems to work. (I always get a similar error, but at times with a different image).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to simon pierce

Re: Problems with image types not being detected

by Susanna Wesson -

Hi,

This message may be because you didn't set your hotpot file as the main file, when you uploaded the new image files?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Susanna Wesson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As Susanna says, you probably need to set the HotPot file as the "Main file". If you go to the HotPot activity's settings page and click on the HotPot file, you should get a popup dialog box containing a "Set main file" button which you should click. (see screenshot)

Attachment Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 3.00.00 PM.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Susanna Wesson

by simon pierce -

Hi,

excellent that was all it was...if in doubt ask, ta very much.

In reply to simon pierce

by Chick Lindsay -

Thanks for asking this question.  I had the same problem and your question and the help you got broke the impasse for me. 

I also had to be sure that I had toggled 'YES' to using filters, and had toggled the Hotpot filter.

In reply to Chick Lindsay

by Chick Lindsay -

Hi,

I am still struggling with the insertion of simple images (and any media for that matter) into my Hotpot exercises.  

I use the Java Hotpotatoes on a MacBook Pro.

Can  you suggest the best tutorial that teachers how to insert .gif, jpg and .flv?   

On October 13th I apparently knew what I was doing, but I can't consistently replicate the protocol.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Chick Lindsay

Attachment censorship-1.gif
In reply to Chick Lindsay

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Chick,

if the image is supposed to appear in the "Title" area of the Hot Potatoes exercise, then you need to tell the HotPot module to get the title from the file, using the "Title" setting (see screenshot)

regards
Gordon

Attachment Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 12.06.20 PM.png