Cannot Move Gradebook Items in the Gradebook

Cannot Move Gradebook Items in the Gradebook

by Greg Dietrich -
Number of replies: 7

We are having an issue where a user cannot move items in a grade book. I created this video to demonstrate what I am talking about.

In reply to Greg Dietrich

Re: Cannot Move Gradebook Items in the Gradebook

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Questions...

Are these just gradebook items or are they activities created on the main course page?  If they are activities, does moving them on the course page affect the order at all?

Does this happen in every category or just this one?  i.e. Can you move an item within another category, not from one category to another?

Do you have ajax enabled?   Have you tried it without ajax enabled?  

I just tried this on my site - seemed like the first time I tried it it did not move but then after that it did...but on your video, I think you tried it a couple of times and it went back to the same place each time.  

Very strange.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Greg Dietrich -

These are activities in the course. Moving them on the course page does not affect the grade book at all.

Right now this just happens in the one category. The other categories for this course work fine. The instructor is creating a new category and will try to move them into that category and report back.

I'm not sure on ajax...

This works fine in any other course I have checked, it is just peculiar to this course and to this particular section.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Must just be something strange about that one category - maybe it is locked somehow in the database.  Hopefully creating the new one will fix it!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Richard Webb -

I see this semiregularly.  Just occurred again.  I have two items in my homework category that drop to the bottom no matter where I try to put them.  I just created the second one by using the duplicate assignment function so I wonder if it has something to do with database values copied when an assignment is duplicated.

by Emma Richardson -

Must just be something strange about that one category - maybe it is locked somehow in the database.  Hopefully creating the new one will fix it!

by Bob Puffer -

I've also seen this on occasion, though rarely. Gonna try your technique of creating a new category and moving them all to that.