Advancing out of Setup Phase

Advancing out of Setup Phase

by Andrea Touhey -
Number of replies: 4

I set the timing to switch from the 'Setup Phase' to the 'Submission Phase,' but it's not working.  I've played with it a couple of times, to no avail.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrea Touhey

Re: Advancing out of Setup Phase

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Andrea

There is no such feature to automatically switch from the Setup phase to the Submission phase. Just set the start of submission date and swithc the workshop to the Submission phase manually. Even if the workshop is in the submission phase, submissions won't be allowed until the set date.

The only implemented auto-switching is switching from the Submission phase to the Assessment phase.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Andrea Touhey -

Hi David,

Thank you! I am a very new Moodle user.  How do I 'manually' switch the phases?  I set the time for the the Submission phase to start immediately after the Setup phase ended, and that didn't work.   

-Andrea

In reply to Andrea Touhey

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yeah, this is known usability issue, sorry for that. The light bulb icon below the phase name is used to switch the workshop into that phase. The same icon is used at the course page where it is used to set the current topic.

(this should really go to the Workshop FAQ and be fixed in the code to make it more obvious)