Hide Gradebook Items from Instructors

Hide Gradebook Items from Instructors

by Nic Ruley -
Number of replies: 5

Hey gang, 

It's an odd request, but I have several assignments that have "no grade". I've hidden them in Gradebook, so students don't see these assignments, but I'd like to hide them from everyone except the admin (me). 

I've been working for a couple of days to try and find the permission / setting to change this, figuring that it has to be somewhere since students can't see hidden gradebook items.

I've set the permissions in moodle/grade:viewhidden, which helps for the user report, but the items still show up in the grader report. I'd like these to be hidden as well.

Any idea how to make this happen? 

In reply to Nic Ruley

Re: Hide Gradebook Items from Instructors

by Bob Puffer -

There is not a resolution of which I'm aware for this short of hacking core code.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Nic Ruley -

I sure do wish that there was a guide to hacking the core code to get around some of these issues that seem to have no solution. sad

That's right. A sad emoticon.

In reply to Nic Ruley

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

OK, so this is a bug. Rather than hacking code yourself, file a bug in the Moodle Tracker (after searching to see if it is already there).

Then, if you feel up to it, you can submit a patch, or you can wait for someone else to fix it.

Note that the bug may be in the assignment, not the gradebook. If the assignment has not grade, why is it creating a column in the gradebook?