Why is brokenfile.php added to url in uploaded html files

Why is brokenfile.php added to url in uploaded html files

by Craig Cleator -
Number of replies: 2

This issue is driving me absolutely mad.

I just had my server provider upgrade my Moodle site version 1.9.7 upgraded to 2.5.1

In the old version I was able to upload html files that I had created externally and which from a course page were accessible via links. I could then edit these html files directly within the Moodle file manager.

Now on the new version I do not seem to be able to edit these html files so I do it on my desktop with Textedit and then upload the new file directly into 'Legacy course files' overwriting where the originals were stored. 

So to get around it I edit the code outside and drop the html files back in. Then for some reason the url links to images, pdfs, and videos or any new links that I have added forced to change from file.php to brokenfile.php

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Craig

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Cleator

Re: Why is brokenfile.php added to url in uploaded html files

by Sam Thing -

Seconded, the way images and links just end up brokenfile.php if I do anything slightly more technical than basic html in tinyMCE is frustrating.

As is moving a picture from one topic to another by copying and pasting the html and moodle losing the picture. The pic is still there and if you go back through the file picker you can fnd and relink it but it's all very anti intuitive, click heavy and laborious.

Of course now I've trained my self to do it the 2.x way, if it gets fixed I'll wont know how to do it properly anymore ;)

Sam Thing.

In reply to Craig Cleator

Re: Why is brokenfile.php added to url in uploaded html files

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

> I just had my server provider upgrade my Moodle site version 1.9.7 upgraded to 2.5.1

Really? That was just one single step for you? Can you disclose the provider? I'm sure that provider can save many moodlers!

> In the old version I was able to upload html files that I had created externally and which from a course page were accessible via links. I could then edit these html files directly within the Moodle file manager.

I doubt that you could edit them. Still I know the work flow and miss it in Moodle 2. As a work-around you can zip the HTML, upload as one file as a file resource, unzip and "set main file".