v. 2.5 Language in Navigation blocks is not changing

v. 2.5 Language in Navigation blocks is not changing

by Sue Holtz -
Number of replies: 6

I have set up one course to use Spanish instead of English. In 2.2 the navigation block titles appeared in Spanish. This is not the case in 2.5. The titles and links appear in English. I only want this one course to use Spanish. The rest will stay English. We are running on Ubuntu, not sure what version. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: v. 2.5 Language in Navigation blocks is not changing

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sue,

I tried on http://demo.moodle.net installing the Spanish language pack and then forcing it as the course language. All block titles, including the navigation block appeared correctly in English. Thus I am mystified as to why you have a problem. Can you think of anything different about your site which may affect it?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sue Holtz -

When we upgraded, we moved from a CentOS server to Ubuntu. 2.5 was installed in July, so we should be up-to-date on that.

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

@Helen,

This is what Sue is finding, that the Navigation block in the course is being displayed in English and should be in Spanish. At least that is how I am reading this.

In your last comment here, you confirmed that the Navigation is showing up in English, which is wrong surely? so this looks like either the translations have not been done, or there is a regression with the Spanish language pack in 2.5?

Forgive me if I am getting this all back to front. smile

Mary

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sue,

I have just tested this too in the Demo site and found that the navigation and blocks are all displayed in Spanish (apart from the dates that are in English). So I think Helen's typed English instead of Spanish smile

You might want to update your Language pack...never assume anything. LOL

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You're right Mary, I actually meant Spanish. black eye Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Robert Brenstein -
Sue, I wonder whether your 2.5 site is configured properly for our needs. You might want to compare language-related site settings in both sites.