User deleted block and can't get it back

User deleted block and can't get it back

by Jennifer Janesko -
Number of replies: 2

Hi folks,

I have a user who has gone in and edited his My Moodle page.  He wanted to add a calendar to the middle of the page, but he was only able to move the calendar block to the right or the left.  I know that this is an open issue, and that there is a code hack to allow users to be able to do this.  But, I hate updating code because you have to do that for every release, so this functionality is not available to users.

Ultimately, though, that is not the problem.  We have the course list set up to be the main item in the middle part of the My Moodle page upon login, and he thought that if he would delete it, that he would then be able to add the calendar block to the center panel.  He deleted the course block.  He learned that:

a) he can't add the calendar to the center and 

b) he is unable to add his course list back to the center panel.black eye

He would very much like to add the course list back to the center.  Unfortunately, the user interface prevents him from moving anything to the center panel.

Is there a table that I can modify somewhere or something that I can do so that he can have his course list back in the right place?  I would really appreciate the help.

Here is a link to a screenshot just in case there is some confusion.  Hopefully this makes it clear. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzcbZxUG242iZGdrLVhuMkUwMU0/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance.  And, happy Friday!

--Jenn Janesko

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Janesko

Re: User deleted block and can't get it back

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Jennifer

As such there is no way for students to deleted the box permanently.. I only he can do is dock the block to the left side of the page.

He can hover on the block and click undock this block icon (like a arrow) then block will pace back at the center.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

Re: User deleted block and can't get it back

by Jennifer Janesko -

Holy cow, it works!! We were trying to drag the block to the center, but clicking on the 4-pronged arrow icon gives us new possibilities.  Thank you so much for your help!!

Have a great day!