Forum Postings >> Email >> blocked by ISP

Forum Postings >> Email >> blocked by ISP

by Mark Whitington -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

Our site that runs Moodle 2.3+ has grown significantly over the past few years... now 17,000 users.

Originally we had no issues with Forum Postings being delivered to users... small groups in courses.

It would seem that now if we send out a posting to a large group various ISP's block the email delivery.

I note that this topic has not been discussed for some time ... so I assume there is a way to compensate... that said i am unable to find the answer.

Could someone suggest an easy to implement solution to ensure most if not all forum postings are delivered to users email addresses.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Whitington

Re: Forum Postings >> Email >> blocked by ISP

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is something that comes up every so often. 

The discussion has been around, basically, staggering mail sending so you don't send a huge block of email at once. I'm not aware of anything being implemented. 

But... the answer is really simpler than that. It sounds like your site has grown beyond the point that your current hosting arrangement can support it properly. You really need to investigate hosting that will tolerate the amount of email you send. 

I would say this, but perhaps speak to a Moodle Partner?