Completion tracking icon error when assignment has a ‘Grade to pass’ setting.

Completion tracking icon error when assignment has a ‘Grade to pass’ setting.

by Mónica Sánchez -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everybody,
I was working with conditional activities and I found this little issue in M2.5.1:

The settings are:
1. In Site administration > Advanced features:

Enable completion tracking and conditional access.

2. Course: Enable completion tracking.

3.a. Add an assignment and set:

Activity completion.
Completion tracking:
Require grade: Student must receive a grade to complete this activity.

So, completion tracking must work like this:
When the assignment is sent but not graded, the check box must remain empty until the assignment has a grade. Then, when is finally graded, it shows a blue tick no matter what grade it was.

3.b. Add an extra condition to the assignment and set a ‘Grade to pass’.

So, completion tracking must work like this now:
When the assignment is sent but not graded, the check box must remain empty until the assignment has a grade. Then, when is finally graded, it must show a green tick if it pass or a red cross if it fail, but actually it works this other way:
When the assignment is sent, immediately it shows a red cross instead of remaining empty until it was graded.

I drop a couple of images to show it better.
Cheers, Mónica.

Attachment 1 T1nocalif.png
Attachment 2 T1nocaliferror.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mónica Sánchez

Re: Completion tracking icon error when assignment has a ‘Grade to pass’ setting.

by Scott Summers -

I am having the same issue. Anybody know a fix for this?

The gradebook is by far the poorest part of Moodle. It is so inituitive and cumbersome to use. So difficult to do simple things.

Re: Completion tracking icon error when assignment has a ‘Grade to pass’ setting.

by Harrie Phillips -

We have the same issue in 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130802), right down to quizzes showing a cross before being undertaken, even though all the grade to pass etc settings are all correct (and worked fine in previous versions).

Has anyone managed to solve this?

by Carl Boyd -

Has anyone received a fix for this?

In reply to Carl Boyd

by chandralatha yapa -

hi

I think fix this problems what its a very important

thanking you

yapa