Restricting Access to an Activity Based on Attendance

Restricting Access to an Activity Based on Attendance

by Mike Simurdiak -
Number of replies: 0

Hello-

I am not familiar with Moodle attendance, since it has not been installed by my site admin, but I am wondering if it can be used to restrict access to certain activities

I teach chemistry in a high school (not an online class) and I want all students to type labs and submit reports electronically though Moodle's assignment module.  If a student is not present for a lab or sits out during the lab time, I want that student to make up the lab after school.  I currently keep track on paper who does not perform a lab.  So what would be nice is if on lab days I could record attendance and mark anyone who has not performed the lab absent.   Then since they are absent, Moodle will not let the student access the submission feature of that particular lab assignment (I would want them to be able to go into the activity to download any files or read any instructions.)  Once a student makes up a lab after school, I would then go back into the attendance for that day and mark that student "present", allowing them to submit the assignment.

Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Average of ratings: -