Unable to login after upgrading to 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130815)

Unable to login after upgrading to 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130815)

by Sumanta Ghosh -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Was trying to create a local copy of our Moodle site on my WAMP Server.

Moodle Version on host server  2.4.3+ (Build: 20130502)

Moodle Version installed in localhost 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130815)

Everything went fine with minor hiccups here and there during the upgrade process which were all addressed.  I specified my copied data folder as moodle data and imported sql db to a fresh database. Installation went fine and moodle front shows the names of our educators as set in the host. Which kind of shows that it has taken the old data and its upgraded to new system. But I am unable to login now. My admin username or password is returned with "Invalid login, please try again".

Now there are only two things that I have skipped during the upgrade

1. There was no Password salt mentioned in our host server config.php. So I didn't assign one either.

2. I haven't changed the URL to my localhost URL before backing up as I need the host URL to work as it is and dont want to disrupt the same. Thought I will do it once I copied everything at localhost.

Could this be the reason for this login error?? I am just confused and need some help. I tried fixing admin password with Guest password in sql db through phpMyAdmin but it didn't seem to work either.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sumanta Ghosh

Re: Unable to login after upgrading to 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130815)

by Brian Yare -

Have you tried the password reset facility? There should be a button to click in order to rest the password if you know your username. This involves two messages being sent to the email address associated with the username.

I have been doing this several times every day while trying to upgrade my own moodle from 1.9.15 to 2.5.1 .